5 Tips on How To Get Back To Fitness After A Holiday
Most of us would have taken a break over the summer - whether that’s to jet off somewhere hot and sunny, or spend time with the kids, go camping, or simply work on admin activities at home. We all need a break from the routine from time to time, but it can be difficult to get back in to the routine of fitness after a holiday.
Here are 5 tips which will help you get back to your fitness routine after a holiday:
1. Don’t feel guilty. Don’t beat yourself up about the choices you made whilst on holiday - whether that’s eating junk food, or not exercising. Put away your negative feelings and embrace a fresh start - you can also measure the results as you start your new fitness journey.
2. Make a plan. Write down your goals and what you want to achieve out of fitness - this will help you stay motivated as you track your progress. There are many fitness apps like My Fitness Pal which can help you along the way - or a simple pen to paper approach will work too! Stick it on your fridge as a reminder to keep working hard.
3. Set yourself a schedule. Make sure you are aware of the fitness classes happening around you, print of the schedules and make time and commit to going. I have fitness classes in the mornings, evenings, and one at the weekend to help fit in with any kind of routine! Don’t let yourself down - you’re making time for YOU!
4. Remember your stretches. If you haven’t worked out for a while, remember to stretch at the beginning and at the end of your fitness class. Even just 10 or 15 minutes of stretch will help maximise your performance and ensure you won’t be feeling stiff for your next session.
5. Listen to your body. Respect the limits of your body - push yourself, but stop when it gets uncomfortable. Manage your injuries, if something doesn’t feel right then stop.